Friday, March 25, 2011

Hit the gym after work? Not really feeling it today...

I forgot my musing thought for today. :( I think it had to do with women and working out, but what exactly? Next time...

Thursday night workout: Primarily back/(biceps)
Ah. I forgot to mention most of my past workouts since October have incorporated jump rope. Helps warm me up and help in maintaining a lower body weight. More on this another time.

Knocked out 12 overhand pull-ups to start and deemed that too easy, so today I did weighted overhand grip pull-ups to kick off things... grabbed my dip belt and a 25# plate. Much more difficult, as I had been more accustomed to neutral grip weighted pull-ups. Training all grips sounds important, though I'm trying to be better about working more of them in my routine.

-Weighted pull-ups - 3 sets, 5 reps/25#
-Back extensions! 3 sets 15/25#
-Hang clean - 4 sets, up to 115x3
-Deadlift (conventional) with mini bands -because I didn't feel like busting out the big weight today, 3 sets... 165x3 for two sets
-Good mornings?! This is a new one for me, but I got some really good hamstring activation with these. Still learning, so lighter weight. 4 sets, up to 50x8
-Incline curl - 3 sets, up to 25x5
-Face pulls - also a new one, but I would like more lower trapezius fibers, rhomboids and rear deltoid... I'll devote more time to these next time so it's not at the end of the workout. 2 sets, 30x10 35x10 testing.

Tried various concentrated curls and bar curls in an attempt to feel a stronger contraction in my inner bicep head. Failed miserably, but we'll see how sore I am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment